Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
Today I am here with blueberry lemon yogurt cake. This is a soft, moist yogurt cake with lemon flavour, studded with fresh blueberries and topped with lemon glaze. This cake is so soft and moist and the lemon glazing drizzled on the cake perfectly complements the flavor and makes it even more delicious.
I bought blueberries last week hoping to bake something with it. I love the combination of lemon and blueberries, so baked this bundt cake. The yogurt in the cake makes it light and soft. This mildly sweet cake with lemony flavour was screaming spring in every bite. My family loved this cake. This cake is perfect to serve in brunch or just with a cup of tea or coffee.
blueberry lemon yogurt cake, blueberry lemon bundt cake, bundt cake with fresh blueberries
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
Here is the recipe for moist lemon yogurt cake studded with fresh blueberries and topped with a lemon glaze.
Category : Cakes
Recipe Developed, Cooked and Clicked by : Divya Prakash
May 08, 2017
Prep time :
10 mins; Cook time :
50 mins; Total time :
Yield : 12 servings
- Fresh Blueberries : 1 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour : 2 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder : 2 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon Zest : 2 Tablespoon
- Butter : 1 Cup
- Sugar :2 Cups
- Eggs : 3 nos.
- Vanilla Extract : 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Yogurt : 1 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice : 4 Tablespoon
- Confectioner’s Sugar : 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice : 2 Tablespoon
- Pre heat the oven to 325 F / 170 C / 150 Fan / Gas Mark 3. Prepare the bundt pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Grate the lemon zest and keep it aside.
- Wash blueberries, drain excess water. Then toss the blueberries in 2 Tablespoon of flour, such that they are evenly coated with flour.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Then add lemon zest and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Then add egg one by one and beat well. Finally stir in vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture little by little to the butter mixture alternating with yogurt and mix well. Next add lemon juice and mix well.
- Then add the blueberries and mix such that they are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes till the cake is done.
- Wait for 10 minutes till the cake cools slightly, then remove it from the pan. Let the cake cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing confectioner’s sugar with lemon juice till it reaches the required consistency. You can adjust the lemon juice as per the requirement. The glazing has to be thick yet pourable.
- Top the cake with glazing and let it set for a while. Then slice and serve.
- I have used full fat yogurt in this recipe. You can replace it with greek yogurt.
- I usually use about 1 1/4 Cup of sugar for the recipe for a mildly sweet cake. However if you prefer it more sweeter, then you can increase it to 1 1/2 to 2 Cups.
- Baking time varies with each oven. My cake was ready by 50 minutes. So check yours accordingly.
How to make blueberry lemon yogurt cake with step by step pictures?
- Grate lemon zest and keep it aside.
- Wash blueberries, drain excess moisture. Then add 2 Tablespoon of flour and mix such that the blueberries are coated with flour.
- Sift together rest of the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add lemon zest to the flour mixture, mix well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Then add eggs one by one and beat well. Finally add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture little by little alternating with yogurt. Mix well till a smooth batter is formed.
- Then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally stir in blueberries such that they are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Prepare the bundt cake by greasing and flouring it.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325F/ 170 C / 150 Fan / Gas mark 3. Then bake for 50 -60 minutes till the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool for 1o minutes. Then remove it gently from the pan.
- Prepare the lemon glaze icing. First add confectioner’s sugar (icing sugar) then stir in lemon juice, mix well. Adjust the lemon juice as per the consistency required. (The glaze has to be thick, yet pourable)
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the cake.
- Cake is ready. Slice and serve.
lemon blueberry yogurt cake, blueberry lemon cake, bundt cake with blueberries