Beetroot Pulao Recipe , Easy Beetroot Rice
Today I am here with Beetroot Pulao recipe. This is a easy to prepare, healthy, colourful and tasty pulao with beetroot. As this pulao is easy and prepare and colourful too, it is perfect for packing in kid’s lunch box. You can serve this beetroot pulao with raitha, chips, fryums or potato fry.
beetroot pulao recipe, beetroot rice
Easy recipe for tasty and colourful pulao with beetroot. Perfect for lunch box.
Category : One Pot Meal
Recipe Developed, Cooked and Clicked by : Divya Prakash
May 24, 2017
Prep time :
10 mins; Cook time :
15 mins; Total time :
Yield : 4 – 5 servings
- Basmati Rice : 2 Cup
- Beetroot : 2 Cup (grated)
- Onion : 2 medium sized
- Green Chillies : 2 – 3 nos.
- Garlic : 5 cloves
- Ginger : 1″ long
- Oil : 2 – 3 Teaspoons
- Fennel Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cloves : 4 nos.
- Cinnamon : 1″ long
- Cardamom : 4 nos.
- Bay Leaf : 1 no.
- Turmeric Powder :1/4 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder : 1 Teaspoon
- Salt : to taste
- Cilantro : handful
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Then drain excess water and keep it aside.
- Do the necessary preparations like grating beetroot, slicing onions, slitting green chillies and preparing ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil, add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add grated beetroot mix well and cook.
- Next add rice, required water, salt, mix well and pressure cook in medium high heat for one whistle and turn off the heat.
- Wait till the pressure releases, then gently fluff it up. Garnish with cilantro and serve it warm.
- Instead of green chillies, you can add red chilli powder too. Or you can use a combination of both.
- You can also add green peas in the recipe.
- Instead of preparing ginger garlic paste, you can use store bought one too.
how to make beetroot pulao with step wise pictures?
- Do the necessary preparations. First grate beetroot.
- Slice onions, slit green chillies. Prepare ginger garlic paste. You can pound ginger and garlic together like I did or can grind it together. You can also mince garlic, grate ginger and use it.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes. Drain excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil, add fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom seeds, bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Then add sliced onions and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Next add grated beetroot, mix well.
- Add required water and salt. Mix well.
- Pressure cook in medium high heat for one whistle. Turn off the heat.
- Wait till the pressure releases, then gently fluff up the rice. Garnish with cilantro and serve it warm.
beetroot pulao, beetroot rice
The other pulao recipe I have posted are
- Methi Pulao
- Peas Pulao