Badam Katli, Almond Fudge
Today I am here with Badam Katli Recipe. This is a easy sweet recipe with ground almonds. This simple recipe requires only 3 ingredients and does not require ghee, even string consistency for the sugar syrup is not needed. I used store bought ground almonds for this recipe, this makes the process even more simple. But almonds can be ground at home. In a pan, mix sugar and water, bring it to boil, lower the heat, add ground almonds, mix well and cook (stirring continuously) till they leave the sides of the pan. Then let the mixture cool slightly, knead it slightly, flatten it and then slice it and serve. Very easy recipe, isn’t it ? I followed Kaju Katli Recipe which I have already posted here. Badam Katli came out really well.
Badam Katli, Almond Katli, Almond Fudge
Easy recipe for Sweet prepared with almonds that require only 3 ingredients.
Category : Indian Sweet
Recipe Developed, Cooked and Clicked by : Divya Prakash
June 07, 2017
Prep time :
10 mins; Cook time :
15 mins; Total time :
Yield : About 14 pieces (depending on the size)
- Ground Almond : 1 Cup
- White Sugar : 1/2 Cup
- Water : 1/4 Cup
- Place a pan in heat, add sugar and water and let it dissolve completely and the solution begins to boil.
- Turn the heat to low and add the ground almonds and mix well without any lumps.
- Continue to stir, till the mixture thickens and reaches the required consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then knead well and cover it with parchment paper and flatten it using rolling pin to required thickness.
- Using sharp knife cut it into pieces. Let it cool completely. Store in air tight container.
- Cook in low heat and constant stirring and scrapping the pot is required.
- If you do not turn the heat off at the right time, the mixture might dry up, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk, then knead well and proceed. But when milk is added, the shelf life will be reduced. And also if you prefer it to be vegan, you can add almond milk and knead instead of regular milk.
- Optionally saffron , rose water and ground cardamom can also be used to enhance the flavour of Badam katli. If using saffron, powder it add while rose water and ground cardamom can be added as is when ground almonds is added and mixed in the sugar solution.
- Number yielded depends on the size and thickness of the badam katli you prepare.
how to make badam katli with step by step pictures?
- Place a pan in heat, add sugar and water and let it dissolve completely and wait till the solution begins to boil.
- Turn the heat to low and add the ground almonds, and mix well without any lumps.
- Continue to stir till the mixture thickens and reaches the required consistency. To check that, if you take little mixture and roll, ball should be formed without being sticky. Turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then knead well and cover it with parchment paper and flatten it using rolling pin to required thickness. Using sharp knife cut it into pieces.
badam katli, almond fudge, almond katli, easy badam sweet
Badam katli, easy badam katli, easy sweet with almonds, vegan almond fudge